Samsung have announced at the Mobile World Conference the Galaxy Tab 10.1 model .In this model , as you’d expect, features like touch screen 10.1-inch (1280 x 800) and runs Android 3.0 (Honeycomb).Already Motorola have announced their first Android Tablet XOOM which also runs by Honeycomb.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Features:
- The tablet comes with a 1 GHz Tegra 2 SoC and not Samsung’s own dual-core Exynos 4210 chip, it’s just 10.9mm thick, weights 599 grams
- HSPA+ support,
- A rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with flash for 1080p recording, a front facing 2 megapixel camera.
- 16/32GB of flash storage space, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1,
- One non standard proprietary USB port,
- A digital compass, an accelerometer,
- Dual surround-sound speakers,
- and a 6860 mAh battery.
According to the press release, the tab is expected to reach 20 markets via Vodafone. Patrick Chomet, Vodafone’s Group Director of Terminals, said: “Vodafone customers in over 20 markets around the world will be the first to get the GALAXY Tab 10.1 when it goes on sale this spring. Samsung has produced a stylish, market-leading implementation of the new Android 3.0 platform which will be the first Honeycomb device to arrive in many of those markets. Vodafone’s competitive data tariffs and reliable, high-speed networks make using the GALAXY Tab 10.1 a great experience.”