If you bought an iPhone app and it didn’t work on your device due to technical failures or limitations, you may be eligible for a refund from Apple. In this case you may get a refund for the purchased app from Apple. If you want to know how to get a refund for a purchased iPhone app then simply follow the step by step instructions posted below.
How to Get a Refund for a Purchased iPhone App
1. First you have to start iTunes, then click on iTunes Store.
2. Now simply Login to your iTunes account, then click on your email in the upper right corner of iTunes.
3. Now click on “Purchase History”.
4. Now choose the app you want a refund for, then Click on “Report a Problem”.
5. Now you have to fill out the form with a legitimate reason for your refund request
6. You can use Apple’s web form, if the iTunes approach fails.
7. Now simply submit the problem report and wait for a response from Apple.
You should note that generally Apple rejects the refund requests those are unreasonable. So you have to submit the form with a legitimate reason. Technical problems preventing the app from launching completely or limiting its functionality are valid claims for an app refund. In this way you can get a refund for a purchased iPhone app.
Here’s the official refund policy, cited from the iTunes Store Terms & Conditions:
All sales and rentals of products are final.
Prices for products offered via the Services may change at any time, and the Services do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
If a product becomes unavailable following a transaction but prior to download, your sole remedy is a refund. If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by Apple.