CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and FREE!
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Windows – Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner
- Third-party applications
What’s new in CCleaner 3.17.1688 version:
- Added wildcard support for Cookie cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Saved From Information cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome History cleaning for Search Engines.
- Added Hosts history cleaning in Aurora.
- Added Shortcuts history cleaning in Google Chrome Canary.
- Improved JumpList menu to avoid possible UI lock.
- Improved option to close running browsers when cleaning.
- Improved IE AutoComplete Form History and Saved Passwords cleaning.
- Improved shortcut cleaning in Windows 8.
- Added cleaning for CyberLink PhotoDirector 10, DivX player and Snagit 11.
- Improved cleaning for Vuze, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 and Game Explorer.
- Improved BitTorrent detection.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.