Apple has released iTunes 10.6 via their Software Update Utility and website for direct download. According to the company, this update provides a number of improvements. Included is the ability to play 1080P iTunes and improvements for iTunes Match.
iTunes is a free application for Mac and PC. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
What is new in the iTunes 10.6:
iTunes 10.6 adds the ability to play 1080p HD movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store.
This release also includes many improvements for iTunes Match, including:
- Improved song matching
- Improved album artwork handling, downloading, and display
- Addresses an issue where songs may skip when playing from iCloud
Download Links iTunes 10.6:
iTunes 10.6 (32 bit)
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222