Symantec has released Norton AntiVirus 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013 and Norton 360 2013 for public beta testing. Norton 2013 betas products will also support Windows 8 Consumer Preview versions and existing platforms.
New Features in Norton Beta 2013 Products:
- The 2013 products will all have a touchscreen-friendly user interface. “Whatever you did with a mouse, now you can also do with your index finger.
- The 2013 beta versions will support Windows 8 pre Release versions.
- The 2013 products will take advantage of Microsoft’s new ELAM (Early Launch Anti-Malware) drivers for protection during the boot process. By using ELAM, the Norton products can control initialization of other drivers and suppress malicious drivers, rootkits, and other tough threats.
- The new user interface in beta 2013 versions will take advantage of hardware graphics acceleration.
- Norton software updates, even major ones, will happen without any user interaction and without a reboot.
- Norton Power Eraser serves to eliminate persistent malware threats that may prevent installation of Norton products
Download beta versions of Norton 360 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013, and Norton AntiVirus 2013 :
Just head over to Norton beta 2013 versions download page and download the Norton 360 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013, and Norton AntiVirus 2013.
Prior to download you have to complete the registration of these free public beta versions download, you will be emailed a 14-day Beta Subscription Activation Key to assist you in testing. Once the Beta Subscription expires, check for the latest builds available. You will then be able to download the new build, and receive a new 14-Day Beta Subscription Activation Key.