Microsoft hasn’t released the Widows 8.1 update 1 officially to users. However, little registry tweak will pull the Windows 8.1.1 update to your system directly from Microsoft. Yes, this is official data, and it’s not third-party leak.
After this trick revealed by Bav0, Many users able to download the Windows 8.1 update 1 from Microsoft Windows update center. You can to download these updates before Microsoft patching this hole up. It’s time to tweak your Registry and get the latest update of Windows 8.1.1.
The following Registry change makes your device as a part of end-user tester and pulls the recent update from the Microsoft update server.
Recommended Post:Best Windows 8 and 8.1 Essential Guide [30+ Tips]
To Download Windows 8.1 Update 1,
Follow the steps to add the necessary Registry keys to your machine,
1. Open the Registry Editor and navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\” and create a new key called “SHWindowsPoolS14″
2. If the update doesn’t show up, Reboot your system to pick up the latest update.
3. You will get update “Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2919442) – (S14 Prerequisite v01.0008)“, and then you will able to install Windows 8.1.1 updates
You can easily tweak the Registry by doing this
1. Open the Notepad, add the following lines and save it like Win8.1.1.Reg or something like this
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\SHWindowsPoolS14]
2. Now Double click the install the Registry Tweak.
It looks like the RTM build and if you don’t want to install these updates wait for one more month to get the update notification from Microsoft.
The users who want to do update to their system using the above Tweak, do it fast before MS closing this.