Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus owners are eagerly waiting for the Android 7.0 Nougat Update. But the Motorola has not released the much awaited Android 7.0 Update to their Moto G users till now. Currently, The Moto G 4th Generation and Moto G4 Plus are running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However, You can install the Android Nougat 7.1 in the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus Phones using Custom ROM Cyanogenmod 14.1 (CM 14.1).
Recently, Many Moto G4 Owners has participated in the Android 7.0 Nougat Soak Test. However, Motorola has not released the Android 7.0 to all users worldwide. But Still, They will release the Android 7.0 Update to Moto G4 and G4 Plus. So, Moto G4 Users have to wait for few more months to get Latest Version of the Android 7.1 in their handsets. Besides that, if you want to install the Android 7.1 to Moto G4 and G4 Plus, You can do now with CM 14.1.
Cyanogenmod is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Many Leading Android Developers have put their time and Work to build the Best Custom ROM Cyanogenmod for Android devices. Even any Interested User can contribute to the Development of Cyanogenmod OS. But, the CM 14.1 development is in early alpha stage. So, it may have some bugs and some features will not work in the devices.
Interested users can install Android 7.1 in Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus using the Following step-by-step guide. Since, CM 14.1 is still in early development stage the following issues have been found when you install it in your Moto G4 Phone.
- Moto Actions Chopchop needs a reboot to work
- Photo Gallery will be force Closed when you access it from camera. A quick fix is to open gallery app once before you access it from camera or use quickpic.
- The default Battery icon’s can’t be changed like We used to do in Cyanogenmod. Only text mode works.
- For Video Recording, You can’t use system camera app. But, You can Use footej Camera app or Cameringo lite App for now.
Even though, the CM Team will release the updates daily with bug fixes and improvement in stability. Therefore, Users can install the Android 7.1 to Moto G4 & Moto G4 plus to get the latest features of Android.
The all Moto G4 Models are compatible with this CM 14.1 ROM. Also, Users can install this ROM in the models which starting from XT16xx and Even in the XT1643.
How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat Update in Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus
Just follow this step-by-step guide to update the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus with Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Required Rooted Moto G & Moto G4 plus Android Phone (How to Root Android Guide)
- Install the Custom Recovery in your Moto G & Moto G4 plus Phone.
- Create backup of Your Data in your Phone to avoid date loss if something unexpectedly happens to your device when installing the ROM.
- Install the Latest USB Drivers for Moto G & Moto G4 plus in computer.
- Ensure that Your Phone has more than 80% of Battery Backup Before you proceed.
- Finally, Enable USB Debugging Options for Your Phone. Settings > Applications and then tapping on Developer Options.
Download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1
Just Visit the following link to download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 ROM Here. Also, You can install the Custom Recovery for your Phone like CWM or TWRP.
Here, I’ll give you the TWRP recovery 188.8.131.52 for Moto G4 & G4 Plus.
In addition, users can download the Android 7.1 Google Apps (Gapps) to get latest compatible version of Google Services in their Moto G4 Phones.
Steps to install the Android 7.1 in Moto G4 & Moto G4 Plus
First of all, Connect your Moto G4 Phone to Your PC via USB cable. After that Copy the Downloaded Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 Zip file into the Internal Storage of your Device.
Next, Boot your phone via Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM. You can boot your Phone via Custom Recovery mode by doing this, press and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together. Or n the Command Prompt or Terminal type,
adb reboot bootloader
After that in Custom Recovery, Choose the Wipe > Factory Reset. In this Process user data will be deleted not your file and folders. Also, wipe cache partition to perform cache wipe.
In this step, Install the Android 7.1 Nougat file. In Custom Recovery Choose the Install Zip via SD option and locate the CM 14.1 Zip file and Confirm the installation process. You have to wait for the installation to process to complete. Finally, The Android 7.1 will be installed in the Moto G and Moto G4.
Furthermore, You can install the Google Apps using the Install Zip via SD option. Then, Reboot your Moto G4 to see the Android 7.1 in your Phone.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage occurred to your device in the installation process. Users are advised to install this ROM at their own risk.