Nexus 5 Phone Gets the Android 7.1 Nougat Update via Cyanogenmod 14.1 from third-party developers for the Former Flagship device. The CM 14.1 Update for Nexus 5 comes with better performance and speed compared to the Stock Android for your Phone. Now, Nexus 5 owners can proudly update the Latest version of Android Operating System 7.1 on their devices.
CyanogenMod is the Popular Custom ROM for the Android Smartphones. The CM 14.1 or any other CM ROMS have been developed based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Many Leading Android Developers have put their time and Work to build the nice CM ROM for Android devices. Even any Interested User can contribute to the Development of Cyanogenmod OS.
The Latest Android 7.1 Nougat for Nexus 5 can be installed without Google Apps. If you want the Latest Google Apps for Nougat, You can flash the apps via Custom Recovery after the CM 14.1 installation. CM 14.1 Android 7.1 is still under development that is in alpha testing. So, You may expect some bugs, some features may broken, which will be fixed in the upcoming CM 14.1 Nightly builds.
However, The Developer Santosh in XDA forums Site has confirmed that all the basic features of the NEXUS 5 are working without any issues with CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Update. Even though, users are requested to take backup before installing this Android 7.1 Nougat update in Nexus 5 Devices.
How To Install Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1 in NEXUS 5 Devices
- Required Rooted Nexus 5 Android Phone (How to Root Android Guide)
- Install the Custom Recovery in your Nexus 5.
- Install the Latest USB Drivers for Nexus 5 in computer
- Ensure that Your Phone has more than 70% of Battery Backup Before you proceed.
- Finally, Enable USB Debugging Options for Your Phone. Settings > Applications and then tapping on Developer Options.
Download Android 7.1 for Nexus 5 (CM 14.1)
CM 14.1 for nexus 5 is hosted in Android file hosts. You can download the CM 14.1 ROM for Nexus 5 there.
If you want to install the latest Google Apps, Download the Gapps for Nougat 7.1 here
Steps to install Android 7.1 Nougat On Nexus 5 using CM 14.1
Lets start the procedure to install the Android 7.1 Update on Nexus 5.
- First of all, Connect your Phone to Computer via USB cable.
- Now, Copy the Downloaded CM 14.1 ROM Zip file to SD card or Internal Storage Folder.
- In the Command Prompt or Terminal type,
adb reboot bootloader
or Press the power + Volume Up + Home button for 30 seconds to boot via the Custom recovery screen.
- In the Recovery Menu, Select the Factory Reset option from Wipe Menu
- Then, Go back to Recovery Home Screen and Choose the Install Zip option. Now, Locate the CM 14.1 ROM Zip file in your SD card where you have stored that firmware.
- After the Selecting Zip file, confirm the installation of CM 14.1. Then, Wait for the Android 7.1 Nougat based ROM installation process to finish.
- After the sometime, the installation process will complete. Your Nexus 5 will be Upgraded to Android 7.1 Nougat based on the CM 14.1.
- Furthermore, If you want to install the Android 7.1 GAPPS apps in your Phone, then do it via install Zip in Recovery option. Once You choose the Gapps Zip file and confirm the flashing of Gapps in your phone. The process of Gapps installation will be complete in few minutes.
- Now, Restart your Nexus device and your phone will be booted into the Android 7.1. The First boot after the installation of the CM 14.1 ROM will take some more time to complete. Because in the first Boot the Android will set the Device default settings, Startup apps and so on.
- Finally, After the initial Boot process, The phone will show the Android 7.1 Home screen with Google Apps and default CM 14.1 Apps.
If you have any issues after installing CM ROM in your device, like Boot LOOP, phone stuck on Boot Logo , then You have to Boot via Custom Recovery and the Wipe Cache/Dalvik cache. Then Reboot, now Your device Boot loop will be solved and boot normally without any issue.