Windows Themes is a part of windows.It gives a good user Interface.Windows 7 comes with a handful of themes, but it also lets you get more.
Windows 7 typically comes with about 13 themes:
- Aero Themes: Windows 7, Architecture, Characters, Landscapes, Nature, Scenes, and your country’s theme
- Basic and High Contrast Themes: Windows 7 Basic, Windows Classic, High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black, and High Contrast White
In addition to your country’s theme, depending on the Windows 7 language you have, the installation may also contain additional themes. For example, the English version of Windows 7 contains five themes: Australia, Canada, South Africa, the UK, and the US. Depending on what English region you chose during the installation of the operating system, though, only one of these will be visible in the Personalization window; the rest will still be installed, but they’ll be hidden by default.
The process of unlocking the hidden themes into 3 easy steps:
1. Open the relevant files:
- To open Windows Explorer, either hit the Windows Key + E or open any of the folders links in the Start Menu.
- Once there, click the Organize drop down menu in the top left and choose "Folder and search options."
- A faster way to do this is to type "folder" into the Start Menu and hit enter.
- Folder Options => View => Advanced Settings => Hidden file and folders => Select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"
- In Windows Explorer Click ‘Organize’ select ‘Folder Options’
- You are in the ‘General tab’ now, so switch to the ‘View tab’ up at the top.
- Once there, look at "Advanced Settings" in the lower half of the window, and under "Hidden files and folders" select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
- make sure to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)."
- If you get the following prompt, click Yes. Hit Apply and close the Folder Options window.
2. Apply and save the theme:
- Navigate to "%WINDIR%\Globalization\MCT\" => Open one of the region’s folder => Open the theme folder => Double click the file inside
Once you’re in the folder, you should see at least one country-specific folder. if you’re using an English version of Windows 7, you’ll see MCT-AU, MCT-CA, MCT-GB, MCT-US, and MCT-ZA, for the five regions we mentioned above.
- Open the folder that corresponds to the country you don’t have already have the theme for, open its Theme folder.
- double-click on the .theme file inside.
Your Personalization window should pop up, you’ll see the theme applied, and it will be saved there. In the screenshot above, you can see our Personalization window after we added the remaining four themes that we were missing.
3. Restore the changes :
- Windows Explorer => Organize => Folder and search options => View => Select "Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives" and check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"
Now Enjoy with the Themes You Unlock!