LibreOffice is the Popular MS office Alternative office application. Now, LibreOffice 6.0 is released with some exciting features like new sidebar from Open Office and many improvements, inter-operability ,“Grammar By” spell checking and New default table style etc
In this new version, you can open and edit any Microsoft office documents, and it provides full compatibility with all proprietary applications. The new Sidebar feature is borrowed from its rival – Open office, and this sidebar introduced as an experimental feature in Libre office. You can enable this feature in Settings page.
About Libre Office
Libre Office is the Free productivity Office suite, and it was forked from Openoffice.org in 2010. So one could say that it is the best alternative to Microsoft Office. Libre Office offers a word processor, a spreadsheet, a presentation application, a drawing tool, and a database application. In 2010 Some office developers separated from this group and developed the Libre Office. That’s why Libre Office and Open Office suite look very identical.
Offers clean interface and feature-rich tools help you unleash your creativity and enhance your productivity. In LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based version of the suite will offer you to work via browser. It is still in development and they have released some Online features in Libre Office 6. You can expect any time Libre office online.
Operating System Support : Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Mac, Linux
What is News Libre Office 6.0?
The following features have been added in the Previous versions.
- You can rotate images in Writer in 90 degree increments.
- You can the fonts along with your LibreOffice Documents.
- This release includes Photo album feature, that allows you to embed series of photos in documents.
- Very large number of bugs have been fixed in this version such as 3000 bugs
- Numerous improvements have been made to the Microsoft OOXML Import and Export filters as well as for the Microsoft Office binary file formats and the RTF format.
- Support for additional legacy Mac formats including Write Now 4.0, Microsoft Word for Mac 5.1, MacWrite Pro 1.6 and AppleWorks 6.0.
Let’s see the New Features of Libre Office 6.0,
- Input field behavior improves
- Implement rotation of images to any angle
- Use ODT and XLSX files as mail merge data source
- New default table style
- “Grammar By” spell checking
- Expert cell range selection or a selected group of shapes (images) to PNG or JPG
- The text/plain Unformatted text format results in unquoted/unescaped content as expected for external pastes
- Added “Paste unformatted text” command
- New command to select unprotected cells on protected or unprotected sheet
- Lock symbol to mark protected sheet
- Added three new ODFF1.2 compliant functions
- English syntax keywords for number format
- “Styles” entry in the main menu
- Better UI for handling layer attributes
- Added 10 new Impress templates
- Slide format defaulting to 16:9 screen
For more details about Libre Office 6.0. Read the complete Release note here.
LibreOffice 4.1 is released before 3 days of schedule announced earlier. You can download this new release immediately from LibreOffice. You can also download the application using torrent for all operating system such ash Windows , Mac and Linux. If you want the help documents for this setup, you need to download it separately from the same page.
If you don’t want to pay for the Proprietary Microsoft Office applications, you can use this best alternative to do your office works. This latest release has some major improvements and bug fixes that raises its standard and quality to worth a try to replace MS Office.
Download LibreOffice 6.0
Download LibreOffice 6.0 (Windows, Mac, Linux).
You can also download the LibreOffice Source code, by using the above link
Extensions for LibreOffice are available from the following link: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center