Hurrah! Now, Moto G First Generation Owners can Update their Moto G 1st Gen Phone to Android 7.1 Nougat official Version. Previously, We’ve posted the Guide to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Moto G 1st Gen Phone. In this Post, I’ll share you an easy way to install Android 7.1 Nougat Update on Moto G 1st Gen Phone.
Cyanogenmod has released the Latest version of Cyanogenmod 14.1 based on the Android 7.1 Nougat Version CM 14.1. Primarily, the Cyanogenmod ROM has been developed using the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Furthermore, the team behind the CyanogenMod has added more features and many customizations to the Android 7.1 OS.
According to Motorola, they will not issue Android 7.1 Nougat update for Moto G 1st Generation devices. Therefore, Users have no other choice than installing the Custom ROMs in their phones.
Yesterday, We’ve posted the list of devices that will get Official CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Update in our post “How to Install Android 7.1 CM 14.1 in Android Phone“. Fortunately, CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nightly builds are released for Moto G. So that, Moto G owners can enjoy the latest version Android 7.1 on their devices.
Lets move onto to our topic How to Get Android 7.1 on Moto G 1st Gen Guide.
How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Moto G 1st Generation Phone [CM 14.1]
- Unlocked Bootloader Moto G
- Custom Recovery
- CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM
- Create backup of Your Data in your Phone to avoid date loss if something unexpectedly happens to your device when installing the ROM.
- Rooted Android Phone . (How To Root Android Phone)
How to Unlock The Moto G BootLoader
Please follow the steps here at Motorola site. You have to signin on the Motorola website and then you can access that page.
Read more about How to Flash the Custom Recovery on Moto G Phone.
Steps to Install the Cyanogenmod 14.1 Android 7.1 ROM
- First, Download the Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Moto G Falcon device from the CM downloads section. In addition, If you want to install the latest version of Google Apps (Gapps) that supports Android 7.1, then you need Google Apps package.
- In this step, Get the USB cable and Connect your phone via USB cable to your PC.
- Then, Copy Android 7.1 CM 14.1 Custom ROM File and Google Apps package to your phone’s Internal Storage.
- In this fourth step, Disconnect the phone from Computer and power off the device.
- After that, you have to boot your device to Custom recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down button and power button together.
- Now, your Moto G will show you recovery screen. There Choose the Recovery Mode and Select the Wipe data/Factory Reset. NOTE: If you don’t have the backup before, this step will erase the phone memory and you can’t recover those files. Return to Recovery mode, and select ‘advanced’ and tap ‘wipe dalvik cache.
- Just tap to Back menu to Return main Recovery screen and select the ‘install zip from SD card’.
- Then, you have to select the Android 1.1 Nougat CM 14.1 ROM Zip File from your Device Internal Storage folder. Now, Confirm the Flashing process. After the installation of Android 7.1, You can repeat this step to install the Google Apps package.
- Once you complete the above step, then Tap the reboot now option in Custom recovery screen to restart your Moto G.
- That’s it. Now The Moto G will boot and will take some time to show you the home screen of Android 7.1 Nougat.
Download CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat files:
Note: CM 14.1 is still under development stage. So You can expect many bugs and they may affect your normal usage of your phone. However, the CM Team will update the CM14.1 Nightlies daily with bug fixes.So, You can expect the all the broken features will work in your Android Phone once development reaches beta stage.
Furthermore, We are not responsible for any damage occurred to your device in the installation process. Users are advised to install this ROM at their own risk.